Wednesday, June 8, 2011

SASS ASHE - BOOK REVIEW - KAREN FULLER - THE WICKFORD HIGH SERIES

The Wickford High Series by Karen Fuller



Author: Sass Ashe | Posted at: 11:25 AM | Filed Under: Karen Fuller, Teen, Wickford High, YA Fiction | 0 comments


I'm not usually a fan of YA books, although I've read quite a few. What I am a fan of is supernatural stuff. So even though Karen Fuller's "Wickford High" series is aimed at the YA audience I completely love it! Ms. Fuller introduces readers to several supernatural aspects while addressing the teenage issues of moving to a new town and starting a new school.

The first book in the series "The Revelation" is an great introduction to a unique town filled with all sorts of fun "types" of people. I don't want to give anything away but I can tell you that the story of Vicky and her new classmates will draw you in and have you eagerly reaching for the next installment in the series.

The storytelling doesn't slack off in the second book either! "Furiously Tempted" lets you further into the secrets that characters are keeping and opens your eyes to things you may have never considered.I raced through both of these books in one day, and was highly disappointed that I didn't have the next one on hand!

Don't discount YA books just because you aren't a teenager, there are some great ones out there and the "Wickford High" series is one you don't want to miss. If I had to complain about anything in these books it would be that at times the conversation between the teenagers is a bit too formal and proper. But all in all Ms. Fuller 'keeps it real' and helps readers see the way relationships and friendships work between "special" teenagers.