Saturday, May 7, 2011

Leaving Him Behind: Cutting the Cord and Breaking Free After the Marriage Ends - AUTHOR -Sandra S. KAHN M.A.

Customer Reviews: Leaving Him Behind: Cutting the Cord and Breaking Free After the Marriage Ends

Sandra Kahn, M.A. - On May 19,2011 will be a guest on A GOOD STORY IS A GOOD STORY-at 12 NOON CST.

Over the years these reviews are consistant- sharing just a few.

5.0 out of 5 stars I needed this one, August 15, 2006
By Dee Dehan "dee" (indianapolis) - See all my reviewsThis review is from: Leaving Him Behind: Cutting the Cord and Breaking Free After the Marriage Ends (Paperback)
I needed this book. I will probably refer to it often. There is no life after divorce if you don't move on. This book contained many eye-openers for me. Hopefully after reading this I won't sabotage my own happiness by staying attached to a man who is unable to make a committment to anyone other than himself. I've probably read at least ten books on survival and recovery from divorce. This one is helping me let my 32-year marriage die.

Comment Comment


32 of 32 people found the following review helpful:
5.0 out of 5 stars This is by far the most freeing book I've ever read!, July 9, 1999
By A Customer

This review is from: Leaving Him Behind: Cutting the Cord and Breaking Free After the Marriage Ends (Paperback)
I thought I had a life sentence with my X. He was and still is an attorney. He could manipulate me to death before during and after my marriage was over. A friend gave me "Leaving Him Behind." At last, someone knew how to finally end my marriage--years after my divorce!

Comment Comment



50 of 54 people found the following review helpful:
5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Book! Finally, November 5, 2002
By A Customer

This review is from: Leaving Him Behind: Cutting the Cord and Breaking Free After the Marriage Ends (Paperback)
My parents divorced 2 years ago after being married for 30 years. After 2 whole years, my mom was still stagnant, as hurt and as mad as the day she filed for divorce. I've sent her numerous books, groups and web sites and she never got trough any of them. She's really not a reader so I thought she would not read it at all. The day I sent this book to her, she began reading it right there, cover to cover. She said it is the most relavant book she has read that she can actually relate to. That it help put a lot of what she was going through into focus. glad something my mom finally finds useful to help in healing and growing after life with my dad.

Comment Comment



20 of 22 people found the following review helpful:
3.0 out of 5 stars Leaving Him Behind, November 17, 2008
By Jane M "jane" (northern CA) - See all my reviewsThis review is from: Leaving Him Behind: Cutting the Cord and Breaking Free After the Marriage Ends (Paperback)
If you are the person who initiated the divorce and you will have a lasting friendship with your ex, then this book isn't for you. We have a respectful relationship upon parting, I'm the breadwinner of the relationship, and neither of us are bitter about the divorce. I instead need to 'break the ties' that bind us to establish freedom to create my own future...essentially understand the progression from married to single. This book is more about the male being the breadwinner and the husband initiating the divorce.

Comment Comment



15 of 16 people found the following review helpful:
5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, December 4, 2006
By Lori L. Miller "lori" (Oregon) - See all my reviews
(REAL NAME) Amazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: Leaving Him Behind: Cutting the Cord and Breaking Free After the Marriage Ends (Paperback)
I would recommend this book above all others for women who have gone through a divorce and need help moving on. This book is practical and will help you on your journey to start a new life and get beyond the past.

Comment Comment



9 of 9 people found the following review helpful:
5.0 out of 5 stars leaving him behind, December 27, 2008
By Rosaura Botero "youarearose" (california) - See all my reviews
(REAL NAME) This review is from: Leaving Him Behind: Cutting the Cord and Breaking Free After the Marriage Ends (Paperback)
I separated about 3 months ago, and before reading this book it had been hard for me to move on, I was constantly asking myself the reasons why he left why he didn't follow me, what did I do wrong, who is he with. This book help me to realize how much I put him on a petestal that was not made by him I created all this fantasy around our family. I learned wonderful steps to stop thinking about him, I am rebulding my life and it is now ok for me to cut all responsabilities with him. It is ok for me to start a new life free of guilt and fantasies.

Comment Comment



21 of 26 people found the following review helpful:
5.0 out of 5 stars Best book I ever read It saved my life, February 15, 1998
By A Customer

This review is from: Leaving Him Behind: Cutting the Cord and Breaking Free After the Marriage Ends (Paperback)
This book helped me put my life back together. It made me a better partner to parent our children. Ultimately, we didn't get the divorce. I believe it was because this book showed me to be concerned for my own life and my children's. He saw the strength I gained and negotiated a way back to each other.

Comment Comment



6 of 6 people found the following review helpful:
5.0 out of 5 stars Superb help!, March 3, 2009
By E. G. Oldfield "Healthier & much wiser Ellen" (New Jersey, USA) - See all my reviews
(REAL NAME) This review is from: Leaving Him Behind: Cutting the Cord and Breaking Free After the Marriage Ends (Paperback)

This book was a life saver to a drowning woman. Kuhn's whole practice revolves around Ex-Wives, and she astutely has figured out patterns that keep us connected - what a revelation! It felt many times like I had been speaking with her myself. My best take away was to treat everything with him like a business transaction to keep from getting hurt, which is incredibly helpful. I have recommended this to EVERY friend who is going/has gone through a divorce as a head check; it was THAT good. Thanks for great advice well written, easy to read and for helpful diagnostics which really hit the mark. Worth EVERY cent and more! Help other customers find the most helpful reviews

Sandra Kahn, M.A. - On May 19,2011 will be a guest on A GOOD STORY IS A GOOD STORY-at 12 NOON CST.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Read for Divorcees, October 6, 1999
By A Customer

This review is from: Leaving Him Behind: Cutting the Cord and Breaking Free After the Marriage Ends (Paperback)
I interviewed the author recently, and was very impressed with her insight and understanding. If marriage can be a swamp, divorce is always a minefield, and Sandra Kahn ably maps out the danger points.