Friday, April 15, 2011

MICHIGAN AVENUE MEDIA LLC.

Today I was a guest at the Holocaust Museum in Skokie IL. Sala Lewis was the guest speaker at the museum. There were over one hundred students, all 7th graders, listening to her lecture. For those of you that do not know, several years ago I wrote the book SALA, MORE THAN A SURVIVOR. It is a memoir about Sala Lewis and her family. She spoke and I wrote. The book is written in the exact way Sala speaks to her audiences.

As I sat quietly in the back of the auditorium it occurred to me that I had been marketing Sala's Memoir to the wrong audience. Sala's book definitely is a must read for the young adult market. When Sala visits schools and Museums the young students that she speaks to connect with her in a magical way. They ask questions and she answers them. She speaks to them and they listen. She knows what they are feeling and they understand her message. She never makes them feel as if their questions aren't important because to her they are the reason she is there.


Last year I the pleasure of a one hour, one on one, online radio interview on Blog Talk Radio, on my show A GOOD STORY IS A GOOD STORY. The link to the show is on demand and can be heard on my website www.michiganavenuemedia.com. I will also put the link out at the end of this Blog.


It has been an honor to have had the opportunity to write a memoir about Sala Lewis and the reason for this blog today is in remembrace of every family involved in the Holocaust and the sadness I feel about the tragic events that had led to the lose of millions of men and woman.